Wednesday, July 15, 2009

First Look: RideBack


In a futuristic Japan, we have our main protagonist, Rin Ogata, a girl who was a promising ballet dancer, but decided to quit. A couple of years later, this time in college she comes across a club building and soon finds herself intrigued by a what looks like a transforming motorcycle called a Rideback. She soon finds that her unique ballet skills with balance and finesse can help her be one of the best Rideback riders. It has only 12 episodes, and after seeing 3 of them, I really don't see a future in this series. The visuals are beautiful and lively, the sound is passable and the cast is kind of likable. I guess there will be some military action involved, as we see some cut-scenes with some news programs telling us about some resistance war using Ridebacks but so far we only have racing episodes. You should give it a look if you enjoy mecha, as the Ridebacks look pretty awesome.

Expectation rating 8/10

4 comments:

kluxorious said...

it was good but nothing spectacular. and I do find myself wanting one of those ridebacks. they are pretty cool ride.

Andrei said...

I watched the first episode but after I had to struggle to find a motive to continue. So... dropped series :| I guess that I have to look back in time to find another anime to fill the spot. This summer is so weak on good offers.

kluxorious said...

*nods*

nothing really grabs my interest. except for needless. but that is for different reason. that anime is a total mindrape. I mean, WTF is up with that ED? O_O

Sapphire Pyro said...

I've only seen a few episodes, and they were cool. I like it that ballet has been associated to mecha motorcycling~ Hehe

I plan to marathon this . . .someday xD