Friday, June 19, 2009

TekkonKinkreet




I just finished watching Tekkonkinkreet and I can only say one thing: WOW!!! The visuals are amazing. I can't put it in any words better than that. If you're an anime fan that enjoys a lot of variety you need to see this film, no questions asked. It's the story of 2 brothers: Black and White, two kids who grew up together, helping each other protecting "their" city. The Yakuza also wants to take over the city and a new enemy appears by the end of the movie. Graphically and wonderfully made, it lacks of some nice guide just for you to follow the story. So it's kind of mixed up and has things you can't understand at all, even when you have had the opportunity of seeing other anime movies or anime in general. At some point I was just lost. Seriously lost in the plot, in the incredible graphics and sound. The relationship between Black and White was awesome, and it is the main part of the story, but I fell asleep because I found it so boring. I even watched the rest of it despite already not liking it.
So you really get mixed feelings about this movie, but I truly recommend it to every anime fan out there. Another confusing thing about the movie is the amount of characters that interact within the plot. It's like the manga was begging for an episodic release rather than a movie. I really think it would have looked better as a 12-episode series than a 2 hour movie. So, seriously, go watch it, and stop bitching around.

ps: here's the trailer...a sample of some awesomeness the movie contains



Graphics 10/10
Sound 10/10
Storyline 8/10
Characters 7/10
Overall 8.5/10

No comments: